WoW 3 L’s
WoW stands for Wonder of Words and 3 L’s stands for (Language + Life + Leadership skills)
WoW 3 L’s is Miraaya’s signature program and it stands on these eleven fold principles and philosophies:
- A conducive environment for growth is provided and the child is allowed to grow at his own pace within this environment.
- We do not believe in creating short term changes as these are temporary. We believe in gradual long lasting transformations. This is a gentle journey of growth which provides awe-inspiring tangible as well as intangible changes over a period of time.
- Many of us are fearful of expressing our feelings as we fear what people may say about us. This is gradually percolating into children too. Many children these days are scared of expressing as they fear being laughed at being bullied. In WoW3l's we encourage constant expressions be it through speaking or writing or just through actions. A child is never made to feel wrong for thinking/saying or doing something.
- We have seen that leaders of today and of the future will not be the ones who are only good at academics. Along with academics, holistic development is crucial. Hence confidence, creativity and communications skills are constantly encouraged and enhanced in children through creative worksheets, role play, speech and drama, cooking activities, debates, art and craft, flowcharts, theme based sessions and parties..
- If we are honest to ourselves most of us are tired of this rat race. We all crave to be just accepted the way we are and don’t want to constantly prove ourselves. Hence in Wow 3 L’s we do not have too many competitions as this creates pressure and a feeling of losing for many. This at times affects the self-esteem of the child. However, there are a few healthy and fun competitions along the way especially for elder children as this helps in helping them give their best and also teaches them to develop strength to face winning and losing in life.
- Technology is an important part of life but many of us are becoming obsessed with it to a point where research has revealed it is leading to conditions like insomnia, depression and diseases. We have had incidents where 11-12 year old children have shared that they are on facebook and when they don’t get likes they feel very upset and low about themselves. Hence going back to roots is an integral part of WoW 3 L’s where children are encouraged to be closer to nature. We also teach children about various festivals and the history and origin behind it as this deepens the roots. There are some sessions in which we invite elderly people and children are made to interact and learn from them. Strengthening roots bring a lot of stability and emotional equilibrium.
- We encourage celebration and positivity through use of positive vocabulary, affirmations, festival celebration and celebrating the growth of a child. Hence we encourage parents and child to constantly share with us small or big progress as what we share only grows multifold. Negative talks/gossiping/putting down another child is strictly discouraged in the class. Children and parents are encouraged to not only celebrate their own growth but the growth of others too.
- We firmly believe that parents are the first teachers of their child. A child from birth starts absorbing the habits and nature of the parents. If a parent knows how to constantly express gratitude towards others we have seen the child also learns the same. If a parent is humble the child also learns humility. If a parent is creative the child also learns creativity. Hence we encourage that as families please go through the WoW worksheets and activities being done. Many families have told us over the years that they feel the WoW journey as not only helped their child but also the family as a whole.
- We believe that the power of our doing comes from the power of our non-doing. Hence every session of WoW starts with a gratitude prayer and few minutes are dedicated to some form of meditation.
- We firmly believe that a healthy self-esteem is the key to positive growth and development for a child. Hence words like ‘I can’, ‘Champions’, ‘Stars’, ‘Future leaders’, ‘Amazing’ are constantly used within the class for children. Session by session we work on the subconscious programming where children are made to feel that ‘Yes, they are good humans and achievers too’. We encourage parents to use the “Miraaya languaging” as well.
- While WoW 3 L’s is based on highest scientific principals it is taught in an artistic way whereby children constantly feel that little wonder and magic in their lives. Let us together create a beautiful life and world for our gen-next and mould them into becoming the best they can. Over the years WoW is getting recognized as the “Must have journey”, and essential part of “The Future” by creating world class citizens across the globe.
I am WoW. You are WoW. We are WoW…